Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sybarite Syba-wrong!


I'm having a very hard time resisting SuperFrock's Sybarite....I had a Couture Savage when she came out...(see below)


But for some strange reason I just did not "click" with her? and I ended up selling her....Well...Now I just saw one of the latest Sybarites....her name is Fugu...

Why are they doing this to me? The doll is probably the most beautiful doll they have made....not including the lovely hand painted Chalk Whites and earlier dolls.....


With prices not typically starting under $800, you would think it would be quite easy to just ignore the "need" for one and be satisfied browsing all the photos on the web but....well I am a brat. I have been through the world of Asian Ball Jointed dolls...I have droped over a grand on dolls...yes DOLLS not just one.

I am no stranger to selling everything I own and skipping meals to buy a doll LOL. So You know I must have my Fugu. She will be mine.

I think what I like about Sybarites is the fearlesness in the styling and the abandonment of "functional" clothing. The concepts are intriguing and utterly inspiring. They are exactly what I have always wanted in a fashion doll (or art doll!).

The natural instinct is for me to pull out my old sketchbooks and start making clothes for these wonderful dolls...maybe it will help me fund the obsession...

But what makes it all even worse is my real love...the shoes!!!!!!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!








No comments: